What were your first thoughts when you woke up this morning? How excited were you to get moving? How did what you were thinking and feeling influence your level of energy?
If you believe the saying, “you are what you think”, then you probably buy into the notion that our lives really do stem from our thoughts. But it’s important to embrace the idea that our thoughts do not have to translate into actions.
Our thoughts may feel completely accurate based on the story we tell ourselves. For example, if you believe that you’re not worthy of being happy, your internal dialog may sound like this - “Why would I go on this vacation and ruin everyone else’s good time?” What if you believe that everything you experience is an opportunity for growth? Your thoughts might be - “What can I learn from this?”
We focus so much on our external dialog -- how we speak to others for example and the implications our words may have in a given situation, but we often fail to pay attention or realize the power of our own internal dialog. What if I were to say that how you speak to yourself directly correlates to your level of success and happiness?
Studies continue to show that affirmations or positive self-talk do in fact increase the level of those feel-good hormones and brain chemistry rewiring resulting in more energy, less fatigue, reduced anxiety, and more happiness. Studies have also shown that mere thoughts alone can improve our strength, vision and energy. Understanding and becoming aware of the “thought, emotion/feeling, action sequence, you can begin to be empowered and make choices that are aligned with who you REALLY are as opposed to what others expect you to be and even what you’ve been believing about yourself.
Affirmations raise our strength and help us to believe and manifest our true potential. They help us to immediately shift our thoughts and belief into a more powerful state of being. How much time are you willing to invest in significantly improving your day and life? In only a few minutes you can change your life!
Here are 10 powerful affirmations to empower your day and life.
1. Today I freely share uniqueness and gifts with the world
2. I focus on solution and possibilities; Therefore, I do not judge good and bad, I learn from experiences
3. I forgive those who have harmed me in my past and peacefully detach from them
4. I am here to live life and live abundantly; Therefore, I make powerful choices
5. I find purpose in challenges and victory in facing fears
6. I have clarity of mind and embrace my intuition
7. My spirit and soul are peaceful
8. I radiate pure love, support, and connection
9. I am 100% potential in every moment
10. I create my life and am empowered to make choices that align with who I really am.
Create your own affirmations that are related to your own needs, values, desires, and dreams. Trust the process and step into your affirmations with conviction daily in your own voice and you’ll begin to create the life you wish to live instead of life creating you.